Careers in Recruitment!
Hello! So you’re sufficiently intrigued in the idea of working in recruitment to have clicked onto this page.
Well, welcome! Let me give you a snapshot of what a career in recruitment might be like.
My name is Guy Buncombe. Following my graduation in science and three unhappy and largely unsuccessful years working as a science teacher in the east end of London, I fell into recruitment. I was looking for a job as a van driver to help bolster the family budget, when the agency I’d registered with offered me a job in the office. I took the job because it was warmer and safer than driving round London.
As it turned out, I’d stumbled upon a form of work that suited me, and which I seemed to be quite good at!
Five years and two jobs later, I started Seltek Consultants Ltd with my long time friend and colleague Rod Lock.
Thirty three years and – at a guess – 10,000 interviews later, I can honestly say I’ve enjoyed every day of my working life since 8th October 1979, except one.
What’s so good about it I hear you ask? Well, in no particular order:
- The chance to earn a well-above average income
- Working with like-minded, enthusiastic and entertaining colleagues
- Providing a much-needed service to a grateful clientele
- Interviewing and talking to a wide variety of interesting candidates
- Constantly entwined in the warp and the weft of the rich tapestry of human existence!