A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Laboratory Field Service Engineer to join an award-winning team at a leading international supplier and servicer of Chromatography, Liquid Handling, Sample Preparation and Medicinal Chemistry consumables. Their products and instruments are used extensively in the Pharmaceutical, Environmental, Forensic, Life Sciences, Food, Biotechnology and Academic Markets.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a forward thinking ambitious company with a positive can-do culture. You will work within a team that supports the Service function across the UK, providing repair, maintenance and service on a wide variety of HPLC, GC, MS, CTC, Dissolution & associated systems. Ideally based around Beds/Herts/Bucks/Berks areas, you will be expected to travel further afield when necessary – overnight accommodation will be provided.
The ideal candidate will need to have demonstrable experience as a Field Service Engineer, working on a range of leading manufacturer laboratory and life sciences equipment. You should have extensive experience of servicing analytical laboratory equipment, either mass spectrometry or liquid chromatography. Alternatively, you may be a laboratory technician familiar with using LCMS, GCMS, MS, GC or LC systems with some training on how to carry out maintenance on laboratory systems and have a desire to develop your technical knowledge into a field service role.
• Previous experience as a Field Service Engineer, working on a range of laboratory and life sciences equipment
• Familiarity with chromatography and mass spec software, including Empower, Chemstation, TotalChrom and Chromeleon.
• Ideally you will be educated with an HNC, HND or BSc in a life science discipline or an ONC, HNC in an engineering discipline.
• Full UK driving license
• Experience of effective verbal communication skills in a customer facing or customer service environment, with excellent telephone manner.
• Proactive and self-motivated approach to maintaining current knowledge of products and services, and scanning the external environment to keep to date on current research and learning
• Demonstrable experience in supporting customers and the service co-ordinator to achieve business objectives by providing accurate service reports to deadlines
The role will be working as part of a fantastic team within a growing company, and a fully expensed company car is offered as part of the package.
To learn more about this role, please contact Chris on 01279657716, or email email@example.com