We are keen to recruit a Synthetic Organic Chemist to join a leading UK based Chemistry Services CRO which is rapidly expanding. The company provides specialist chemistry services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and applied chemistry sectors. Providing synthetic chemistry expertise across the early discovery & development chemistry scales (milligrams to hundreds of grams).
In addition to their standard chemistry labs you will also have access a high potency chemistry facility. With the specialist facility they offer chemical synthesis services to the Antibody Drug Conjugate community for the bespoke synthesis of cytotoxic warheads and payloads for cancer therapeutics.
The role will involve:
- Custom synthesis projects on small, lab scale up to 20 litre scale
- FTE projects synthesising compound libraries for testing in medicinal chemistry lead identification / lead optimisation programs
- Handling and synthesis of highly potent active pharmaceutical ingredients
- Working closely with our existing experienced contract synthesis and research chemistry teams
- Communicating directly with customers about project progress and possibilities.
- Educated to a BSc/MChem/MSc in Organic or Medicinal Chemistry with experience in Industry
- Practical experience of Organic Chemistry and the synthesis of small molecules
Additional desired experience
- PhD in Organic or Medicinal Chemistry
- Previous experience in a CRO environment
- Experience in medicinal chemistry drug design or the synthesis of high potency small molecules
- Experience with synthesis of hormones, opioids, prostaglandins, controlled psychoactive and cytotoxic oncology small molecules associated with antibody drug conjugates (ADCs).
For more information or to apply, please contact David on 01279657716 or email your CV to David@SeltekConsultants.co.uk